Are You Wasting Money marketing Your Business?
I’m guessing the answer is probably yes. I went into a company last month and they were spending £2,000 per month on marketing and promotional material and they were asking me where it was going wrong, as they were getting little or no new business as a result.
I took a look at their newspaper ad, their flyers and their Online marketing efforts and noticed a HUGE problem. I saw it instantly.
Quite simply, there was no call to action!
BIG MISTAKE. But also very common. Business owners get so wrapped up in their brand, so focused on telling everyone how great their company is and how wonderful their services are and often forget the golden egg of marketing – THE CALL TO ACTION
No matter what media you are using to promote your company or your brand, you need to ensure that you have a clear, easy to understand call to action. Your advertising needs to seek a response from your audience – consumers are now blind to shameless self promotion and brand bashing.
Here are 10 Killer examples of a Call To Action that you can swipe and tailor to your own business needs.
Or perhaps they will inspire you to create new ones!
Remember, testing is key, and results will differ depending on your target market and your industry or niche. Enjoy!!!
- Call For a Free Estimate / Quote, etc. – ideal for generating new inquiries. Tell them what they will get when they call.
- Pop In For A Free Consultation / sample, etc. – Free information and shows you’re friendly and approachable. Great for getting foot traffic.
- Watch Video! – put it on a button great for sharing and tell the reader exactly what they get for their click.
- Try It For Free – often generates a higher click through / inquiry rate than Sign Up Free or Get It Free.
- Limited Availability – yes, you’re probably sick of seeing it everywhere, but it converts!
- Reply Today – go on, replace the good old contact button!
- Reserve Your Seat / Free Place / Ticket, etc. – the word reserve invokes a sense of limited availability without actually saying it.
- Find Out How – great when used after a compelling statement, can be used in so many different ways.
- Get Your Copy Here / now / today – the word ‘your’ seems so much more sincere and speaks to the individual rather than the general public.
- Click Here / Buy Now – yes, I know there are two here, but both are tried and tested to convert 🙂
See what I mean? You can transform your ad copy overnight by pre-selling your product or service and requesting a simple response!
Remember these 4 tips when you are developing your own call to action.
- Request a clear, concise action from the audience
Make it a simple design – a button, an alert box etc
Try to create a sense of urgency or exclusivity
Answer the question your consumer is asking- ‘What do I do now?’
And there you have it! Give your marketing a little magic, sit back and enjoy the results!
Do You Have Any Favourite Calls To Action?
One of my top tips for anyone starti…
Welcome To Business By The Sea, a place …
This fantastic free to download guide co…
A recent article published on Forbes…