Making Branding Work For You
So many posts, salespages, social media noise and general advice about branding, but what exactly is your brand and how can you use it to help your business, product or service reach a greater audience and how can you use your brand to market more effectively?
Your brand is the core of your marketing efforts, essentially it is the central theme around which your products and services sit.
Most of the small businesses I speak with are confused about brand marketing and positioning. Its essential that you remember that your brand is not just about your Company name or your logo unless you are coca-cola or Apple!
For you to get real brand recognition, on a smaller business scale, your brand needs to rouse your customers into action. It needs to be attractive, exciting, powerful and clear. It must actively express what you are about, incorporating your USP if possible. Using this kind of approach will help you become more ‘recognised’ and will eventually be the platform from which your logo or company name becomes recognised and defined.
Once you’ve made sure your brand truly reflects what you are selling, you need to make a tangible and easy way of talking to people about what you do. It makes it so much easier to do your marketing when you have it clear in your mind what it is you’re selling in the first place. This is commonly known as the ‘elevator speech’
Elevator speech is the 20 second tagline that describes the who, what, why and how of your business, product or service. Once heard, your customer should know exactly who you are, what you do, why they need your product or service and how they can get it. Difficult? It can be, but remember – once perfected you’ll be making sales hand over fist. Don’t be afraid to make it sound attractive and exciting, even slightly ‘pitch’ style, it’s all about conveying ‘your message’
When you’re creating your brand you’re effectively creating a memorable marketing message that will inspire consumers to take action and choose you over your competitors.
Five useful tips to help you find your brand strategy:
1. Your brand is the core of what you do. What feelings or emotions does your business inspire in you and in your customers? Did you know that peoples’ decision to buy is based on emotions, not facts?
2. Think about how you present yourself, not just on your website but when people see you, talk to you on the phone, or read your email. Is your marketing consistently saying what you want it to? Are people getting confusing messages from you, or is it clear from the start what you do?
3. Think like your potential customer, try to get inside their head and see your products or services from their point of view. How do they experience what you do, and how does it make them feel?
4. What is it you do that makes you stand out from the crowd? If you don’t think you do, then you need to think of a way that you can, because your brand should be somehow different from everyone else’s, its not enough to be just the same as others but better.
5. What are your best abilities, do you know your greatest strengths? Choose an unbiased person, who knows you well, to help you decide what your top attributes are; your brand should be based around your unique strengths and abilities.
Ultimately, creating a strong, memorable, compelling and meaningful brand is essential for successful marketing, and something you can do with a bit of thought, and may be a bit of help from your (unbiased) friends.
Copied with permission from: http://plrplr.com/70939/branding-do-you-know-who-you-are/
Starting a Business Comes with Perks! I…
I found this Great socialmedia marketing…
Event management is both a tough and int…
My latest project ‘Find Local Garages’ …