Think and Grow Rich – Napoleon Hill
Although a little dated due to the fact that it was writted in 1937, Think and Grow Rich is a great starting point for anyone interested in personal development and creating a ‘Mindset’ from which to re-launch your life.
It’s not a step by step manual, it simply sets out ways of turning you around to positive thinking and outlines the key points that successful, powerful people have applied to their lives and the benefits of doing so.
While not to be taken word for word, Think and Grow Rich is a fantastic book because you get from it only what you make of it. There is no one hard fast way to be successful, you can simply take little bits of it and apply to your own life to improve your success both personally and in business.
I read the book through once, made notes in the columns, and use it as more of a reference book now, just to remind me where I am going every now and again, and re-affirm the clear guidelines set out for good business and great Karma.
It’s based around the principles of the Law of Attraction.
As a summary, the chapters influence is set out below;
- Have a burning desire for something definite (money, etc.).
- Create a plan to obtain a definite amount of money through the sale of specific goods and services by a set date.
- “See and feel and believe yourself already in possession of the money.”
- Believe in your idea.
- Your self-confidence will influence your thoughts and actions.
- Concentrate on your desire and faith, and your subconscious will create practical plans for obtaining your desire/money.
4. Specialized knowledge
- Use your expertise and imagination to come up with ideas that earn far more than any job.
- Hard work and honesty alone won’t make you rich.
- Ideas become money through a definite purpose plus a definite plan.
- Form definite plans to turn your ideas into money.
6. Organized planning
- Create a practical plan for acquiring money.
- Provide great service and convince others that you’re worth the money you demand.
- Follow the QQS Formula for service:
- – Quality: be efficient, and increase in efficiency
- – Quantity: give all the service you can, and improve through practice and experience
- – Spirit: be agreeable and harmonious with others
- Make decisions quickly and definitely; change them slowly.
- Base decisions on your desire and your own opinions (not others’).
- Have the willpower to follow your desire and plans despite obstacles and criticism.
9. Master Mind
- Surround yourself with like-minded, intelligent people. This is your brain trust or think tank.
- With your Master Mind group, coordinate your knowledge and effort to attain your desire.
10. Sex transmutation
- Channel your sexual energy into creative energy.
- Limit yourself to a moderate amount of sex and use your remaining energy to drive creativity and enthusiasm.
11. Subconscious mind
- Plant your desires in your subconscious for it to work toward 24/7.
- Fill your mind with positive emotions so that negative ones can’t enter.
12. The brain
- Send thoughts with your subconscious, receive thoughts with your creative imagination, and use autosuggestion.
13. Sixth Sense
- Meditate to become attuned to inspiration and creative imagination.
Other notes to be mentioned
- Don’t expect poverty; demand riches.
- The only thing you can absolutely control in life is your thoughts. Control your mind through self-discipline and habit.
- Don’t use the basic fears as excuses; overcome them through positive thinking – fears of poverty, criticism, illness, loss of love, old age, and death. Don’t worry and don’t be susceptible to negative influences.
We’re all looking to drum up a little ex…
It’s been a tough couple of years for th…
Some of us tend to think a lot about…
Just how valuable is input to the newbie…