SCROLL DOWN FOR PRESENTATION
About to begin your next social media marketing campaign? Doing some research on consumer demographics? Fed up with the same old parameters? Here are my social media marketing presentation slides discussing how demographics have changed the face of our marketing campaigns and important concepts to include when selecting your target audience.
In December last year, I was invited to speak at the Brighton Social Media Meetup. It was a great experience, a really friendly mixture of entrepreneurs and social media marketing mavens. We had a great time, and the presentation was timely and of great use to many attendees. I thought I would share the presentation, as it’s very thought provoking and may help you fine tune targeting for your next social marketing campaign.
The basis of the presentation is about whether we can still use traditional demographics to target our social media campaigns;
Is age, homeowner, marital status and number of children still a huge factor?
Are our likes, interests, interactions and collective interests more important now than ever?
My social media marketing presentation discussed the following;
- How ‘Traditional Demographics’ for campaigns are no longer relevant.
- How our peculiar assumptions of generation X must NOT be applied to target generation ‘Y’ and ‘Z’
- Where we can look for demographics of the future.
- What metrics we can integrate into social media marketing campaigns today, to better target the behaviour of purchasers of the future.
- Why ‘collective interest’ is a hot topic and should be part of ANY online marketing campaign.
This is my first presentation using Slideshare for sharing my business presentations – I will post more about using slideshare and the results soon.
I hope you enjoy the presentation. Where do you think we should be looking for future demographics? Are current marketing platform capabilities commensurate with todays ‘social consumer’ led marketing campaigns? Please comment and discuss below.
It’s new years eve and I just wanted to …
How Your Business Can ‘Go Local’ – Insta…
Top 3 Ways You Can Find A Suitable Busin…
Every now and then entrepreneurs decide …